Our schools welcome students who are eligible to receive their education in French under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms and the Ontario Education Act. To be eligible, students must meet the following criteria: According to section 23 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, a student has the right to attend a French-language school if one of the parents is a Canadian citizen:
- whose first language learned and still understood is French; or
- who received his or her primary school education in French in Canada; or
- whose child has received or is receiving primary or secondary school instruction in French in Canada.
If neither parent meets any of the above criteria, they may still apply for admission.
To be admitted to the elementary school a student must:
- have reached the age of 4 by December 31 of the current school year to be enrolled in kindergarten;
- have reached the age of 5 before December 31 of the current school year to be enrolled in the garden;
- have reached the age of 6 by December 31 of the current school year to be enrolled in Grade 1.